Monday, March 26, 2012

When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity #1)by Alexandra Ivy

Goodreads Summary:
It's been a hell of a day for Abby Barlow. In just a few hours, she's survived an explosion, watched her employer die, had a startling dream, and now she finds herself in a seedy Chicago hotel with the sexy, unearthly Dante, a man she both desires and fears. For 341 years, Dante has stood as guardian to The Chalice, a mortal woman chosen to hold back the darkness. A terrible twist of fate has now made Abby that woman. Three hours ago, Dante would have used all his charms to seduce her. Now she is his to protect. And he will do so until his very death. A terrifying plan has been set in motion, one that will plunge Dante and Abby into an epic battle between good and evil - and a desperate race to save their love.

My Review:


When Darkness Comes is the 1st novel in the Guardians of Eternity series by Alexandra Ivy. Abby Barstow is not having a good day. 1st she breaks a priceless Ming vase, then her employer is killed, and she unwittingly becomes the Chalice for the spirit of the Phoenix. Now every demon in the area is after her and she's on the run with a hot, sexy vampire.

This book is a good guilty pleasure read. There is lots of action, lots of adventure, and lots of hot, gratuitous sex. I had a lot of fun reading it and am looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.

I like Abby. She has a lot of spirit and spunk. She is a good match for Dante. I love her sense of humor.

I also like Dante. He's hot, he's devoted to Abby, and he wants to make her happy. What more could a girl ask for?

This book is a fun read and I recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this one, I think it really wasn't for me. Some says it improves with the books but I definitely stopped after this one. I hope you'll enjoy the others.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free blog. Thank you for thinking about me but I am unable to participate at this time.