Friday, March 30, 2012

The Hunger Games Movie Review


I really enjoyed reading The Hunger Games books so I was very excited when they announced the movie. My family and I went to see it yesterday and we really enjoyed it.

The movie followed the book pretty closely. A few things were changed but it didn't affect the story. For example in the book Katniss received her mockingjay pin from the mayor’s daughter. In the movie she found it in the marketplace.

I really liked Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. She looked exactly as I pictured Katniss. As I watched her I could see exactly what Katniss was feeling. I almost burst into tears when she volunteered to take her sister's place.

I also loved Josh Hutcherson as Peeta. He was very charismatic and I was cheering for him. He also looked just as I had pictured Peeta.

Elizabeth Banks was a good choice for Effie Trinket. She captured her style and mannerisms very well.

Donald Sutherland was okay as President Snow. I thought he was way too shaggy and would've looked a lot better if his beard had been better trimmed. Personally, I think Malcolm McDowell would have been better choice.

I loved watching this movie. It was really fun to see the book come to life. I am looking forward to when it comes to DVD so I can watch it over and over again. I think they did an excellent job with the movie and I highly recommend it.




1 comment:

  1. I loved Haymitch in the movie! Awesome cast. I'm now reading the books for the first time, but the movie was so good.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free blog. Thank you for thinking about me but I am unable to participate at this time.