Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin





Goodreads Summary:


Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.


It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.
My Review:


I really enjoyed The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. The description on the book cover was vague so wasn't sure what to expect. I got drawn into Mara's story very quickly.

Mara is a 17-year-old high school junior. As the book begins, she awakens in the hospital with absolutely no memory of how she got there. She quickly discovers that her 3 friends were killed in a mysterious building collapse. In an effort to deal with this tragedy her and her family move from Rhode Island to Florida.

In Florida her mother enrolls her and her brothers in a private school. Life turns out to be anything but normal.

I couldn't put this book down. I kept reading to find out what was really going on. I really liked the interaction between her and Noah. Noah was one of my favorite characters. He had that bad boy look, but underneath was a really nice guy. And he was suited to Mara in more ways than one.

This book is one that you will either love or hate, especially the ending. I really enjoyed reading this book and can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free blog. Thank you for thinking about me but I am unable to participate at this time.