Thursday, November 17, 2011

Heat Wave by Richard Castle







Goodreads Summary:
A New York real estate tycoon plunges to his death on a Manhattan sidewalk. A trophy wife with a past survives a narrow escape from a brazen attack. Mobsters and moguls with no shortage of reasons to kill trot out their alibis. And then, in the suffocating grip of a record heat wave, comes another shocking murder and a sharp turn in a tense journey into the dirty little secrets of the wealthy. Secrets that prove to be fatal. Secrets that lay hidden in the dark until one NYPD detective shines a light.

Mystery sensation Richard Castle, blockbuster author of the wildly best-selling Derrick Storm novels, introduces his newest character, NYPD Homicide Detective Nikki Heat. Tough, sexy, professional, Nikki Heat carries a passion for justice as she leads one of New York City's top homicide squads. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest. PulitzerPrize-winning Rook is as much a handful as he is handsome. His wise-cracking and meddling aren't her only problems. As she works to unravel the secrets of the murdered real estate tycoon, she must also confront the spark between them. The one called heat.

Review:







 I really enjoy watching ABC's Castle. I love Nathan Filion and Stana Katic. There is a lot of sexual tension between them and some great banter. So I was very happy when I heard they had actually written the Nikki Heat books by Richard Castle.

I had a hard time getting into Heat Wave. It seemed a little slow at the start and I had a hard time following some of the scenes. In one scene he described Nikki as using the Weaver stance versus the isosceles stance. I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. I actually had to look it up on the Internet to know what it was. Some of the scenes were vague as to the action. I had a hard time following the ending as to how she really figured out who the murderer was.

There were things I did enjoy about the book. I loved the banter between Nikki Heat and Jameson Rook. I love getting more insight into Nikki's thoughts. It was nice to know that she wasn't as immune to Rook's charms as we thought. I also like that the book went where the TV show hasn't. When I read the book, I could hear Beckett and Castle's voices.

The bottom line is that I enjoyed this book. It wasn't an OMG I can't put this book down but it was a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free blog. Thank you for thinking about me but I am unable to participate at this time.