Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Adam Orser: Chronicles of Evolution by Daniel Armand

Goodreads Summary

Adam Orser seems to be a regular guy, leading a fairly successful life in Toronto as a psychologist with a loving girlfriend, Jazmin.

But there is nothing ordinary about Adam.

Fate interrupts his planned marriage proposal, and a serious car accident thrusts him into a metaphysical reality behind a deep coma that holds his physical body in check. Through an advanced system of training and evolution created by the celestial realm, Adam is called to a dangerous mission with profound implications for the world he knows, and life and death consequences for one missing nine-year old girl, who is no ordinary kidnapped child. Fantastical forces are at work on both sides of the veil between the world we recognize and those yet to be discovered.

Destiny compels Adam to freely choose the part he will play in a no-limits competition between good and evil. Questions of existence, causality, and truth converge as Adam struggles to find his way back to Jazmin and a life that will never be the same.

My Review


This a fast paced read, with a very interesting plot line. Although it kept me on the edge of my seat, I felt overwhelmed at times while trying to keep track of what was going on. In some ways the story felt familiar, but in others, it was a complete breath of fresh air. The characters are well thought out and relatable, the plot is fast and intriguing, and the world is exciting and mysterious. Overall, it was an enjoyable read. I found the writing to be solid, and I think this is a series to watch. My only real quibble was that it was hard to keep up with at times, and that was a bit distracting. If you’re a fan of complexity, look no further than this book.

3 comments:

  1. • Nice Site layout for your blog. I am looking forward to reading more from you.
    Yüz Germe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, this was a absolutely superior post. In approach I'd like to address like this too - demography time and absolute accomplishment to accomplish a acceptable article... but what can I say... I adjourn alot and never assume to get something done.
    infant costume

    ReplyDelete

This blog is an award free blog. Thank you for thinking about me but I am unable to participate at this time.