Sunday, March 18, 2012

Only the Strongest Survive by Ian Fox

Goodreads Summary:
The novel opens with a hair-tingling scene, as two men kidnap Emely Donnovan, one of the wealthiest women in America.She finds herself locked in the basement of a remote house in the middle of a forest, watched over by one of her captors who makes her buy and sell stocks for him so he can get rich. Her challenge to survive becomes even more complicated when Emely’s captor falls in love with her.


My Review:
Only the Strongest Survive is a thriller novel by Ian Fox. At the beginning of the novel Emely is kidnapped. This story is her tale of survival.



I really enjoyed reading this book. The story held my interest and I couldn't wait to see what happened. Emely went through many ups and downs during the story. She grew as a character and she survived. I like the way the story went back and forth from present day to flash back. We learned a lot about Emely and how she became the woman she was.

We also learn a lot about the 2 kidnappers, Ronald and John. Over the course of the book we learn what led them to commit this crime.  Ronald and John to learn and grow during this book, one more than the other.

This book may not appeal to all readers but I really enjoyed it. I am looking forward to reading more by Ian Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free blog. Thank you for thinking about me but I am unable to participate at this time.