Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Iwishicana/Acanawishi By Larissa Hinton

Goodreads Summary:


Where rules are meant to be broken Anissa is constantly on the run from the police and can't seem to stay out of trouble. Secrets are meant to be kept Until Anissa hides Florence in her bedroom and her mother finds out. There's only one thing left to do: Send her to Juvenile Cop Camp to erase all of her crimes. And everything isn't what it seems There's only one problem: Anissa is innocent.


My Review:



Iwishicana/Acanawishi is a self published novel by Larissa Hinton. She contacted me and asked me to review her book. I think the concept is really cool. Iwishicana is a world where wishes come true.

I really wanted to like this book. However there was very little world building and as a result there were a lot of things about the book that I didn't really understand. I think knowing more about this world, the world that Anissa lived in, and how Iwishicana came to be would have made this novel more enjoyable.

I also did not like the main characters, Anissa and Florence. I found them both to be spoiled and bratty. I also felt the dialogue was stilted.

The bottom line is I really wanted to like this book. I think if it had had a lot more detail than I would've liked it a lot better. I think this book needed a lot more work before publishing. I had a hard time even finishing the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free blog. Thank you for thinking about me but I am unable to participate at this time.