Monday, January 30, 2012

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers #1) by Rachel Vincent





Goodreads Summary:


She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally. 

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next...



MyReview:



Kaylee Cavanaugh has a pretty good life but she has one little problem: whenever somebody around her is going to die she has this overwhelming urge to scream.

I really like this book. I like Kaylee. She's in a tough situation. She lives with her aunt, uncle, and cousin. Her mom died when she was 3. Her father lives in Ireland. She doesn't know what is going on with the screaming. Last year the screaming landed her in the mental health unit for a week. She's attracted the attention of one of the football players, Nash and she's afraid that he's going to think she's crazy. He seems to know more about what's going on since she does. I think overall she's handling this pretty well but I was so glad when Nash told her what was going on.

I like Nash okay. He seems to be totally into Kaylee. But he has a past and Kaylee is afraid that she is going to be one more conquest in a whole string of conquests. Only time will tell.

I like her best friend Emma. She sounds like she would be a lot of fun to hang out with. She supports Kaylee when she has her “panic attacks”. I'm glad that Kaylee has a good friend like her.

In this book we meet the mysterious Tod. He's a Grim Reaper but he's more than that. We don't find out until the end exactly what he is. I can't wait to learn more about him in future books.

I really want to smack Kaylee's dad. After her mom died, he basically abandoned her. I understand why he did it but I don't really agree with it.

I love Nash's mom, Harmony. She has been through a lot in her life but she hasn't given up.

I love this book and can't wait to read the others in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free blog. Thank you for thinking about me but I am unable to participate at this time.