Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Iron Crowned (Dark Swan #3) by Richelle Mead



Goodreads Summary:
Shaman-for-hire Eugenie Markham is the best at banishing entities trespassing in the mortal realm. But as the Thorn Land’s queen, she’s fast running out of ways to end the brutal war devastating her kingdom. Her only hope: the Iron Crown, a legendary object even the most powerful gentry fear… 

Who Eugenie can trust is the hardest part. Fairy king Dorian has his own agenda for aiding her search. And Kiyo, her shape-shifter ex-boyfriend, has every reason to betray her along the way. To control the Crown’s ever-consuming powers, Eugenie will have to confront an unimaginable temptation--one that will put her soul and the fate of two worlds in mortal peril…



My Review:

Iron Crowned is the 3rd book in the Dark Swan series by Richelle Mead. At the end of Thorn Queen Eugenie found herself in a war against the Rowan land as a result of Dorian killing Leith, the Rowan Queen's son.

I enjoyed reading this book. Eugenie is becoming a very caring queen. She hates the fact that her people are at war. In an effort to end the bloodshed she sets out on a quest for the Iron Crown. Kiyo accompanies her.

I love Eugenie but I'm getting tired of her going back and forth between Dorian and Kiyo. After this book, I really hate Kiyo. If she ends up with him I am going to be so mad.

When is she going to learn that Dorian always has ulterior motives and deal with it? Instead she gets all surprised and mad about it and then goes running off to Kiyo. I like Dorian and I think he's better for her than Kiyo. He's not perfect but then nobody is.

There was a very unexpected twist at the end of the book.

I loved that Tim and Lera fell in love after being mortal phone enemies.

This is a fun book and I can't wait to read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is an award free blog. Thank you for thinking about me but I am unable to participate at this time.